Dear IIT JEE Aspirant,
In our efforts to provide you the best study resources for IIT JEE preparation, we are now providing a list of books, you need to refer for your IIT JEE preparation. These are very standard books and should be referred by every student, who aspires to clear IIT JEE.
As you might know, JEE is now a two stage exam. JEE Main is the first stage MCQ based exam. The candidates who clear the cut-off as mentioned by IITs and have secured more than more than certain marks (75% for general category and 65% for SC/ST category students) or are in the top 20 percentile of their boards are eligible for JEE Advance. However there is no weightage of class 12 marks. The JEE Advance exam is very much same as age old IIT JEE exam.
This book list covers all the topics which are mentioned in IIT JEE syllabus. They also have study material and questions of the difficulty level as have seen JEE exams. These books cover both IIT JEE Mains and Advance exams. So, you need not to buy separate books for Mains and Advance exams.
- 1 IIT JEE Preparation- Reference Book List
- 2 IIT JEE Physics Book List
- 3 IIT JEE Chemistry Book List
- 4 IIT JEE Math Book List
- 5 IIT JEE Reference Book List by Topics
- 6 Suggested Readings
IIT JEE Preparation- Reference Book List
Before looking for reference list of the books, you should be well aware of JEE Main and Advance Syllabus.
IIT JEE preparation starts with NCERT Books. This might surprise some of you, but there is no alternative to these books. NCERT Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are ideal starting point of your IIT JEE preparation. Once you are through with NCERT books, including questions in the back, you should move to IIT JEE reference book list given below.
Apart from this, one also needs to attempt previous 25 years IIT JEE question papers. Since questions tend to repeat in many topics, solving previous year IIT JEE question papers will help. You can download all previous 10 year question papers of IIT JEE from here. Many books are available in the market, providing 25 years question papers, you should solve them completely.
IIT JEE Physics Book List
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 1
- HC Verma Concept of Physics Part 2
- IIT JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey
Must Read Article- IIT JEE Preparation Tips by an IITian
Additional Reference Book list for IIT JEE Physics Preparation
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Physics for IIT JEE by Resnick, Halliday, Walker
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
IIT JEE Chemistry Book List
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Modern approach to chemical calculations by R.C. Mukherjee.
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant Publication
Additional Reference Book list for IIT JEE Chemistry Preparation
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee.
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison Boyd.
IIT JEE Math Book List
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna.
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.D. Sharma.
- Class XI and XII Mathematics by R.S. Aggarwal
Additional Reference Book list for IIT JEE Math Preparation
- Trigonometry, Geometry Books by S.L. Loney.
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron.
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight.
- Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
- A Mathematical Analysis by G.N. Berman
IIT JEE Reference Book List by Topics
IIT JEE Physics Book List by Topics
|Thermal Physics||HC Verma|
|Electricity and Magnetism||HC Verma|
|Modern Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Heat and waves||H.C. Verma|
IIT JEE Chemistry Book List by Topics
|Organic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan|
|Organic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan|
|Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Physical Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Physical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
IIT JEE Math Book List by Topics
|Vector and 3D Geometry||Arihant Prakshan|
|Higher Algebra||Barnard and Child|
|Co-ordinate Geometry||Dr. Gorakh Prasad|
|Differential Calculus||Das Gupta|
|Trigonometry||S. L. Loney|
|Co-ordinate Geometry||ML Khanna|
|Mathematics||Tata McGraw Hill|
|Introduction Probability & Its Applications||W. Feller|
|A problem book in mathematical Analysis||G. N. Berman|
Hope this exhaustive book list was helpful in your IIT JEE preparation. If you think, we need to change anything in this list, do let us know in the comment section below.
Best of Luck