CBSE To Restart Class 10 Board Exams

cbse

The NEW DELHI CBSE presidency being the major managerial body endorsed the reinforce of the board exam of class X on this Tuesday. The exam will be commencing from March 2018 and the CBSE cabinet had decided that the division of the exam will be 80% based on board and 20% based on internal assessment. The Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) which was introduced in 2009 paved a way and turned the 10th CBSE board exam optional on 2011, which means the senior secondary school students could either attend the board exam that was organised or nix.

CBSE ministry organised a critique among various stakeholders and the majority were in favour of the compulsory Class X public exam. Thereafter, the cabinet of Human Resource Development (HRD) announced the rollick of the optional scheme of the Class X board exam system.

The Chair person of CBSE said that this decision of reinforcing the pre CCE period of board exam was unanimously made by the cabinet ministry of CBSE wherein 80% of marks will be derived from CBSE board based exam and the remaining 20% marks will be derived from the internal assessments conducted. All the members, stakeholders and state government gratified the decision and agreed that it was necessary for the compulsion of the board exam.

CBSE’s highest decision-making body, in their meeting which was close to four hours also introduced an eligibility test for principals of all its schools as it was observed that wives and relatives of the schools owner/owners end up becoming principals of the same. That is surely not the ideal qualification to head a school. So CBSE has decided to design a test on the lines of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test for principals to which they have to pass.

Adding to this norm there is also a new introduction of three-language formula up to 10th Grade. Under the National Education Policy, the three-language formula means students in Hindi-speaking states should learn a modern Indian language, apart from Hindi and English and in non-Hindi-speaking states, they should learn Hindi along with the regional language and English.The decision is now into force since two years after the HRD Ministry, forced Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) to terminate teaching of German as a third language in 6th – 8th Grade on the ground that it violates the three-language formula. KVs were directed to reimburse it with Sanskrit or any modern Indian language. But as an additional language German is still taught. Therefore over 18,000 schools that are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will have to implement the three-language formula up to 10th Grade. Currently, schools are suggested to follow this up to 8th Grade. Concurently all these three decisions need the final stamp of approval from the HRD Ministry.