Class 10 English Language & literature Important Questions – In this post, we are going to provide you 10 most important questions of English Language & literature exam. You should be knowing answers to these questions in all likelihood to score good marks in Class 10 board English Language & literature exam. Class 10 English Language & literature Important Questions
Class 10 English Language & literature Important Questions
- You are Uma / Umesh, living at 131, G.D.A. Flats, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad. You have been selected for a national level team of basketball. Expressing your happiness, write a letter to your father who is away on an official duty at Ahmedabad. Also inform him that you have to undergo a training for six months.
One or two dustbins provided to your colony are not sufficient for the needs of its residents. They always remain filled to the brim. Most of the garbage therefore remains scattered on the main road emitting unbearable foul smell and creating highly insanitary conditions. Write a letter to the Municipal Commissioner asking him to take urgent necessary action in the matter. You are Mudit / Mudita of 79, Pandav Nagar, Delhi.
2. You went to visit a famous tourist spot along with your family during holidays. You found the place littered with plastic plates, broken bottles, leftover food etc. Write an article in about 80 words for a newspaper, expressing your views and suggesting some do’s and don’ts so that people may inculcate good civic habits. You are Anuradha /Ashish
3. You are Ritu / Rakesh, a reporter. You came to know about a quarrel which led to the death of a man. You visited the spot and noted the following points. Using the given information write a report in about 60 words for your paper. man – 25 years – lost life – argument with a neighbour – children picked a quarrel – incident – Tuesday – 8 p.m. – victim worker in a welding shop – from work – returned home
4. The following passage has not been edited. There is one error in each line. Write the incorrect word and the correction in your answer sheet as given below against the correct blank number. Remember to underline the word that you have supplied.
Chandni is the small tree. It (e.g. the – a)
can be spotted almost nowhere in (a)
the city. It small tree is also (b)
call Jasmine. It grows up to (c)
around two meter in height. (d)
The trunk in the tree is thick, (e)
crooked and leggy. The dark green leaves are find in opposite pairs. (f)
5. Fill in the following blanks with suitable non-finites:
On the information (a) _______________ (provide) by an unknown person, the police arrested three men for (b) _______________ (steal) medicines from a godown. They were interrogated. They disclosed that after (c) __________ (commit) the theft, they used (d) ___________ (sell) the medicines at cheap rates in the grey market.
6. Look at the words and phrases given below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences. The first one has been done as an example. Write the correct sentences in your answer sheet. Remember to number the answers correctly.
Example: national/the / tiger / animal/the majestic / is / of India
The majestic tiger is the national animal of India.
(a) tiger / member / cat family / the / is / the largest / of
(b) and beauty / people / the tiger / admire / for / its strength
7. Look at the sentences given below and complete the paragraph that follows. Write the correct answers in your answer sheet against the correct blank numbers. Do not copy the whole sentences.
(a) Short brisk exercise increases the blood circulation in the body. (b) It makes you feel more alert. (c) Better circulation of blood improves headache and fatigue.
Doing exercise is good for both the young and the old. The blood circulation in the body (a) ________________________ by short brisk exercise and you (b) _________________ more alert by it. Headache and fatigue (c) ____________ by better circulation of blood.
8. Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow. Write the answers in your answer sheet in one or two lines only. Remember to number the answers correctly.
Goodness! Wasn’t there anything she could do? If only she could tell Wanda she hadn’t meant to hurt her feelings. She turned around and stole a glance at Peggy, but Peggy did not look up. She seemed to be studying hard. Well, whether Peggy felt badly or not, she, Maddie, had to do something. She had to find Wanda Petronski. Maybe she had not yet moved away. Material downloaded from myCBSEguide.com. 13 / 18
(a) Who is ‘she’? (b) Had she hurt Wanda’s feelings? What did she wish to tell her? (c) What did she decide to do? (d) Which word in the passage is the adverb form of ‘bad’?
9. Why was the Baker’s furnace essential in a traditional Goan village? (answer in 30-40 words)
10. How does Natalya react when she comes to know that Lomov had come to propose for her hand? (answer in 30-40 words)
Study from the best Class 10 English teachers and understand these questions
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 10 English Language & literature Important Questions
If you like these Class 10 English questions, say Thanks!!!