In this article we will provide you ten important English Core questions, which will help you in your class 11 English Core exams and other entrance exams. Class 11 Important English Core Questions
Class 11 Important English Core Questions is very important resource for students preparing for Class XI board Examination. Question from very important topics are covered here for NCERT Class 11. You will also get idea about the type of questions, you can expect in your Class 11th examination.
Here you can get Class 11 Important English Core Questions based on NCERT Text book for Class XII. Here we have covered Important Questions on all topics for Class 11 English Core subject. Class 11 Important English Core Questions
Class 11 Important English Core Questions
- Write a notice for the school Notice Board inviting volunteers for the one day Blood Donation Camp to be organized in your school. You are Anoop/Anupma Head boy/Head Girl of DPS, Mathura Road, New Delhi.
You are General Manager of IVY Software Solutions, Agra. You need a software engineer for your office. Draft an advertisement to be published in ‘The Times of India’ under the classified column.
2. You are Mihir, a student of XII class living at 426, Kirti Apartments, Farudabad. You are interested in pursuing a course in Journalism. Write a letter in response to an advertisement issued by Indian Institute of Journalism, Delhi in a National Daily, seeing information about suitable courses, eligibility, fee structure and placement opportunities. 6
You are Niharika/Naveen of 176 jawahar khanpur, New Delhi, Recently you have come across an advertisement for the post of an accountant in Ahmedabad Inter National School that was published in ‘Hindustan Times’ Write an application for the same to the Principal giving detailed resume which you would send along with you letter of application.
3. Recently you were deputed by you school along with a few other students of class XII for participation in the National Exhibition on ‘ Environmental Protection’ held at IIT, Delhi. Write an article for school magazine on the Exhibition and highlight the need for preserving our environment, you are Arman/Avnee.
Value based education is the only remedy for inculcation values among the future citizens of the country. It will also help in preventing crimes in the society. Write an article in 150-200 words on the Need of value-based education.
4. In the passage given below, one word has been omitted in blank space. Write the missing word in the space provided.
Twnety year ago, kids in school (a) ……………………..never even heard (b)…………….the internet. The internet is (c)…………………….vast resource that given (d)……………….. types of information.It is like (e)…………………Glant bulletin board (f)…………………is used by the whole world.But anyone (g)………………..puts anything in the internet (h)………………. have to be careful. You must reply on your best judgement.
5. Rearrange the words given to make meaningful sentences.
(i) Mother Teresa/ Greatest/ missionaries/ one of the /was/time/of/our
(ii) dedicated /the poorest of the poor /entire life /she /for /her /the /service /of
6. Read the stanza given below and answer the questions that follow it.
And for ever, by day and night.,
I give back life to my own origin,
And make pure and beautify it;
(for song issuing form its birth place, after fulfillment, wandering Recked or unrecke’d duly
with love returns )
(i) What two things does the rain do to the place of her own origin?
(ii) Where does the song issue from?
(iii) Who does ‘I’ refer to in the first line?
7. Answer any three of the following questions in not more than 30-40 words.
a) Is independent thinking a step towards adulthood? If so, elucidate, in context of the poem “Childhood by Markus Natten.
b) “No Generation has a freehold on this earth, all we have is a life tenancy”. Do you agree Material downloaded from with this view of Margaret Thatcher?
c) Khuswant Singh’s grandmother was religious and kind lady’. Cite example from the lesson to support your viewpoints.
d) Narrator should have been very happy with the articles of her mother but she decides to forget and address: No. 46, Marconi Street. Why did she take this decision? Explain.
8. All the dangers and disasters could be confronted with patience’s, courage and determination. The writer with his family and crew members reached safely to the island, only because of these virtues. How far these virtues are essential for life? Discuss.
Albert Einstein attached more importance to ideas than facts and dates, one could learn them form books. This made him an extraordinary scientist. Do you agree that teacher and learner relation failing to highlight talent among students? Discuss.
9. Answer the following questions:
a) Virginia is an important character of the story who uncovered a terrible tragedy whose secret was unknown to the Otis family members. How did Virginia show the truth of the ghost to the family members?
Why was Booker asked to return two weeks before the opening of the school?
10. Answer the following questions
a) Mr. Otis wanted to offer the jewels back to Lord Canterville as they belong to the high dignity of the British aristocracy. But he refused to take the jewels. Why did he refuse to take them? Discuss.
How can we justify Booker’s strong desire to be educated since childhood?
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 11 English Core Important Questions.
If you like these questions, say Thanks!!!