Class 12 Chemistry- In this article we will provide you ten important Chemistry questions, which will help you in your class 12 board exams and other entrance exams. Class 12 Important Chemistry Questions
Class 12 Important Chemistry Questions is very important resource for students preparing for Class XII board Examination. Question from very important topics are covered here for NCERT Class 12. You will also get idea about the type of questions, you can expect in your Class 12th examination.
Here you can get Class 12 Important Chemistry Questions based on NCERT Text book for Class XII. Here we have covered Important Questions on all topics for Class 12 Chemistry subject.
Class 12 Important Chemistry Questions
1. Explain why on addition of 1 mol of glucose to 1 litre of water, the boiling point of water increases.
2. “Orthophosphoric acid (H3PO4 ) is non-reducing whereas hypophosphorus acid (H3PO2 ) is a strong reducing agent.” Explain and justify the above statement with suitable example. OR
(a) What is the covalence of nitrogen in N2O5? (b) BiH3 is a stronger reducing agent than SbH3 , why?
3. Account for the following: (i) The two oxygen-oxygen bond lengths in ozone molecule are identical. (ii) Most of the reactions of fluorine are exothermic.
4. An element crystallises in b.c.c. lattice with cell edge of 400 pm. Calculate its density if 500 g of this element contains 2.5 × 10 24 atoms.
5. The vapour pressure of pure liquids A and B at 400 K are 450 and 700 mmHg respectively. Find out the composition of liquid mixture if total vapour pressure at this temperature is 600 mmHg.
6. Define the following terms: (i) Desorption (ii) Critical micelle concentration (iii) Shape selective catalysis
7. (a) Write the principle involved in the ‘vapour phase refining’ of metals.
(b) Write the name of the metal refined by each of the following processes: (i) Mond process (ii) van Arkel method
(c) What is the role of depressant in froth floatation process?
8. (a) Arrange the hydrides of group 16 in increasing order of their acidic character. Justify your answer. (3) (b) Draw structure of XeOF4 .
(a) Account for the following: (i) PCl5 is more covalent than PCl3 . (ii) Iron on reaction with HCl forms FeCl2 and not FeCl3 . (b) Draw structure of XeO3
9. For the complex ion [CoF6 ] 3– write the hybridization type, magnetic character and spin nature. [Atomic number : Co = 27]
10. . Once there was a heavy downpour for about three hours in the early morning. Irfan and his family were finding it difficult to carry out their morning chores as the sewer water was flowing back into the toilets, the road outside was flooded with water and they could not move out. On this serious problem, Irfan called a meeting of the residents and said that we are using too much polythene bags and other plastic items which we throw here and there, which finally move into the drains and sewer lines which get choked. As these are non-biodegradable, they remain as such for long time. So we should use bags made up of cloth and jute who are biodegradable.
After reading the above passage, answer the following questions: (i) Name a polymer which is biodegradable. Write the structures of its monomers and the repeating unit. (ii) Write two uses of this polymer. (iii) Write any two values shown by Irfan
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 12 Chemistry Important Questions
If you like these Class 12 Chemistry questions, say Thanks!!!