In this article we will provide you ten important History questions, which will help you in your class 12 board exams and other entrance exams. Class 12 Important History Questions
Class 12 Important History Questions is very important resource for students preparing for Class XII board Examination. Question from very important topics are covered here for NCERT Class 12. You will also get idea about the type of questions, you can expect in your Class 12th examination.
Here you can get Class 12 Important History Questions based on NCERT Text book for Class XII. Here we have covered Important Questions on all topics for Class 12 History subject.
Class 12 Important History Questions
- Examine the events that took place during 1920s and 1930s which consolidated the communal identities in the country.
2. [Value Based Question (Compulsory) ] ‘‘Gandhiji was as much a social reformer as he was a politician. He believed that in order to be worthy of freedom, Indians had to get rid of social evils such as child marriage and untouchability. Indians of one faith had also to cultivate a genuine tolerance for Indians of another religion – hence his emphasis on Hindu-Muslim harmony.’’
3. Explain the agricultural practices followed by the cultivators to increase productivity from c. 600 BCE to 600 CE.
Explain the main features of the Mauryan administration.
4. ‘‘After introducing the Permanent Settlement in Bengal, the zamindars regularly failed to pay the land revenue demand.’’ Examine the causes and consequences of it.
‘‘A chain of grievances in Awadh linked the prince, taluqdars, peasants and sepoys to join hands in the revolt of 1857 against the British.’’ Examine the statement.
5. Read the following extract carefully and answer the questions that follow: Buddhism in practice This is an excerpt from the Sutta Pitaka, and contains the advice given by the Buddha to a wealthy householder named Sigala: In five ways should a master look after his servants and employees … by assigning them work according to their strength, by supplying them with food and wages, by tending them in sickness; by sharing delicacies with them and by granting leave at times … In five ways should the clansmen look after the needs of samanas (those who have renounced the world) and Brahmanas: by affection in act and speech and mind, by keeping open house to them and supplying their worldly needs.
There are similar instructions to Sigala about how to behave with his parents, teacher and wife. (14.1) In what ways should a master look after his servants and employees? (14.2) In what ways should the clansmen look after the needs of samanas? (14.3) Explain the main aspects of Buddhist philosophy.
6. Read the following extract carefully and answer the questions that follow:
A rural city? Read this excerpt on Madras from the Imperial Gazetteer, 1908: … the better European residences are built in the midst of compounds which almost attain the dignity of parks; and rice-fields frequently wind in and out between these in almost rural fashion. Even in the most thickly peopled native quarters such as Black Town and Triplicane, there is little of the crowding found in many other towns … (16.1) Where and why were better European residences built? (16.2) Explain the condition of black towns. (16.3) State the meaning of gradual urbanisation of Madras.
7. (17.1) On the given political outline map of India (on page 11) locate and label the following appropriately: (a) Masulipatnam – a territory under British control during 1857. (b) Goa – a territory under the Mughals.
8. Describe the different arguments made in favour of protection of depressed classes in the Constituent Assembly.
9. How do you think that the chronicles commissioned by the Mughal Emperors are an important source for studying Mughal history?
10. Explain the language and content of Mahabharata.
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 12 History Important Questions
If you like these questions, say Thanks!!!