Class 8 English Important Questions – In this post, we are going to provide you 10 most important questions of English exam. You should be knowing answers to these questions in all likelihood to score good marks in Class 8 English exam. Class 8 English Important Questions
Class 8 Important English Questions
1. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow:
1. Your mental attitude is a great determining influence in your daily life. Begin the day with an expectant and energetic mental attitude towards your work and it will elevate and enhance all your activities.
2. The spirit in which you regard the world and your fellow-men will be reflected back to you. When you are in the right mental attitude many things will seem to conspire and cooperate to advance your work and interests. Primarily it is your mental attitude that makes the day happy and productive, or the contrary. You can demonstrate the truth of this today by looking at the supremacy of God
3. Make more positive resolutions regarding the things you ought to do and bring every possible re-inforcement to bear upon such resolutions. Assert in rigorous tones the thoughts you wish to establish as unconscious habits of your life, remembering always that while it is a great thing to conceive a great idea, it is still greater to put it into execution.
On the basis of reading of the passage, answer the following questions:
a. What role does our mental attitude play?
b. What kind of attitude should we possess?
c. How should we begin our day?
d. Give a suitable title for the passage
e. Find a word from the passage which means the same as ‘persuade’. (para 1)
Choose the correct option to complete the following sentences:
f. Our mental attitude towards our work will __________ all our activities. i. broaden, ii. accomplish, iii. enhance, iv. use up g. Our mental attitude makes us happy and ____________. i. content ii. drowsy iii. fatigued iv. nourished
2. Write an article on ‘Importance of education’ in about 120-130 words.
3. You are Mohan/ Mohini, Secretary of the Sports Council of your school. Write a notice informing students about a cricket match being organized by the school, giving all the necessary details.
4. You have been selected as the student of the year in your school. Write a diary entry in about 70-80 words, expressing your feelings about the same.
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable prepositions:
a. He used to be a regular visitor ______________ Mondays.
b. I will be going away __________ the end of this month.
c. I will see you _____________ the evening.
d. I’ve been _____________ Mumbai five times.
e. We have been living here __________ eight years.
f. This is just _______________ you and me.
g. _______________ Hindi, he is a master of two other languages.
h. She fell asleep __________ the film.
6. Change the following sentences into indirect speech:
a. I said to her, “We were trying to save the drowning child.”
b. The girl said, “I will do the work now.”
c. “Where have you been so long?” the lion said to the hare.
d. He said, “I am glad to be here this evening.”
7. Read the given extract and answer the questions that follow:
Yet beautiful and bright he stood,
As born to rule the storm;
A creature of heroic blood,
A proud, though childlike form.
a. Name the poem from which these lines have been extracted. b. Pick out a poetic device from the above lines. Give an example. c. Who is the protagonist of the poem? d. What are the qualities of the boy?
8. Answer the following questions in about 25-30 words each:
a. What led Muko to his tragic death? b. Describe Swami’s thoughts as he lay in the office? c. How does the narrator’s memory help him? (I Never Forget A Face) d. How does the father sense his son’s concern? e. In what sense are men and women merely players on the stage of life?
9. Answer the following questions in about 30-40 words each:
a. How does the last stage bring us back full circle to the start? b. What should the narrator have done in order to save himself from getting into trouble?
10. On the basis of your reading of the novel, Pride and Prejudice answer the following questions:
a. Who is Mr. Collins and why does the Bennet family dislike him?
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 8 English Important Questions
If you like these Class 8 English questions, say Thanks!!!