Class 9 English Communicative Important Questions – In this post, we are going to provide you ten most important questions of English Communicative exam. You should be knowing answers to these questions in all likelihood to score good marks in Class 9 English Communicative exam. Class 9 English Communicative Important Questions
Class 9 Important English Communicative Questions
1. Despite The fact that all adventures involve risks, a human being does not hesitate to go for them. Write an article in about 100-120 words on the topics’ Seeking Adventure-A Basic Instinct. Take ideas from the MCB unit ‘adventure.’
2. Develop a story in about 150-200 words with the following beginning. Also give a suitable title. Martha decided to participate in the 100 m race on the Sports Day of her school. Her father warned her that it would need a lot of courage and stamina but .
3. Complete the following passage by choosing the most appropriate options from the ones given below. Write your answers in the answers sheets against the correct blank number. Do not copy the entire passage.
A man from Haryana (a) ___ for throwing acid on a girl while she (b) ____ in a train. He (c) ____ by the co-passengers.
(a) (i) is arrested (ii) was arrested (iii) is being arrested (iv) is to be arrested
(b) (i) is travelling (ii)had been travelling (iii) was travelling (iv)has been travelling (c) (i) has been identified (ii)was being travelling (iii) is dentified (iv) would be identified
4. Rearrange the given words and phrases to from meaningful sentences. Write the correct sentences in your answer sheet. e.g: feathered giant/An albatross/is/a/with the/longest wingspan An albatross is a feathered fan with the longest wingspan.
(a) Use/they/their wingspan/ocean winds/ torrid/the (b) Also/they /float/sea/surface/on/the/of the (c) Other sea birds/they/salt water/ frink/as do some
5. Read one of the extracts given below and answer the questions that follow. “People, who knew the distance chuck and duke had come together, one fence post at a time, now watched the big man walk alone day after day” (a) Which distance is being referred to? (b) Why did the big man walk alone? (c) What does the phrase ‘day after day’ mean?
‘come back come back. He cried in grief ‘across this stormy water: And I’ll forgive your highland chief, My daughter. O my daughter” (i) Who cried to whom to come back? (ii) Why is the speaker grieved? (iii) Which word in the above passage means the same as sorrow?
6. Answer the following questions in about 30-40 words:
a) Do you think that Duke fulfills the meaning of ‘Dogs are the most faithful friends of man? b) How was the poet able to make out that it was some sad song sung by the solitary reaper? c) Do you agree that Mrs. Al Smith is the representative of American outlook? Give reason. d) How is the road a metaphor ? Use examples from poem, ‘The Road Not Taken ‘to support your answer.
7. Answer one of the following questions in about 80-100 words. Sudha Murthy’s, story ‘How I Taught My Grand Mother To Read” teached us that the real practice of religion is practicing humaneness. Give your views on the given statement.
Or It is difficult to walk in the path of truth and righteousness as it leads to challenges and criticism. How does the poem ‘The Road Not Taken’ motivate you to take up the ‘less travelled road? Express your views in about 80-100 words.
8. Answer one of the following questions in about 150-200 words. The King of Brobdingnag needs no gunpowder, no books on the art of government and attaches importance to productivity. Though Gulliver feels the king to be right, he macks his views. Explain.
9. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
Immigration and visa issues, which have long plagued the information technology sector, could come back to hurt Indian IT services companies this year as the US heads towards presidential election in 2016. In the US, the biggest market for the Indian IT services sector, ‘this will be a very, contentious election and immigration reform is right up there for discussion’, said Phill Freshet, founder and chief executive of GfS Research. “the displacement of USIT and back – office jobs will be a significant issue leading up to 2016.’ India’s $146-billion IT outsourcing Industry has been a beneficiary of the temporary US work visas that are required by skilled foreign workers to work in that county. The employees working at client locations in the US are issued H-1B visas, which have cap of 65,000 a year. The US Congress in recent months has been considering bills that seek to triple the cap of H- 1B visas to 1,95,000. There is, however, a growing discontent about the H-1B visa process among skilled workers in the US, who say the visas are a way for big companied to hire cheaper foreign workers. Recent examples, they cite, include electricity company Southern California Edison and entertainment company Disney, where local employee were laid off and replaced by H-1B visa holders. the layoffs have prompted some US Senators to call for investigations into the visa process used by the companies. ‘’US workers who have trained a temporary visa-holding replacement as condition of their severance describe it as a profoundly humiliating experience. There workers see a direct connection between the US government’s H-1B visa policies and their job loss, and they are furious,” said Patrick Thibodeau, senior editor at Computer world.
(a) The US will see presidential elections in _____ (b) The employees working at client locations in the US are issued ____ (c) The US congress has been planning to introduce Bills that would ____ the visas. (d) Local companies like _________ and Disney laid off local employees and replaced them with H-1B visa holders. (e) Investigations have been initiated by some ____ into the visa process used by the companies. (f) The _____ would be the worst affected due to the change in the visa policy. (g) US workers find this laying off as a ______ experience. (h) In 2016 elections, the _______ reform will be taken up for discussion.
10. What is your impression of the emperor of Lilliput? Elaborate on his character.
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 9 English Communicative Important Questions
If you like these questions, say Thanks!!!