Class 9 Science Important Questions – In this post, we are going to provide you ten most important questions of Science exam. You should be knowing answers to these questions in all likelihood to score good marks in Class 9 board science exam. Class 9 Science Important Questions
Class 9 Science Important Questions
1. You are provided with a mixture of Iron filings and sulphur. Answer the following questions. (a) Which technique can be used to separate the components of mixture? (b) Name the gas which is produced when the mixture is treated with dilute sulphuric acid at room temperature? (c) Write two properties of gas evolved in part (b).
2. Calculate the gravitational force of earth acting on your friend of mass 60 kg, (Given mass of earth= 6 x10 24 kg and radius of earth= 6.4 x10 6 m, G= 6.7 x10 -11 Nm2kg 2 )
3. Observe the following situations and identify the techniques associated with each: (i) Milk is churned to separate cream from it. (ii) A mixture of sand and water is separated. (iii) Air is liquefied to separate liquid O2 . (iv) By using filter paper, different colors present in a dye are separated. (v) Mixture of ammonium chloride and sand is heated.
4. In a fresh water composite fish culture, mention the basis of selection of varieties of fishes. Name any four varieties of fishes selected along with their feeding zones. Write one advantage and one problem of composite fish culture.
5. Moksh wanted to observe starch granules in potato under a microscope. He tool a freshly out slice of a potato and pressed it on a slide. The stain that he should use to observe starch granules clearly is: (a) Safranin (b) acetocarmine (c) methylene blue (d) iodine
6. Which one of the following sets is the correct sequence for preparing a temporary mount of an onion peel?
(a) (i) take out the onion peel (ii) keep the peel on the slide (iii) add a drop of glycerin on it (iv) add a few drops of safranin stain (v) cover it with a cover slip
(b) (i) take out onion peel (ii) keep the peel in water in a pertridish (iii) add a few drops of safranin stain and transfer to the slide (iv) add a drop of glycerin on it (v) cover it with a cover slip
(c) (i) take out the onion peel (ii) keep it on a slide and add safranin stain (iii) transfer it to water in a pertridish (iv) remove water and add glycerin (v) cover it with a cover slip
(d) (i)take out onion peel (ii) cover it with a cover slip (iii) add water in a pertridish to clean it (iv) add a drop of glycerin (v) add a few drops of safranin stain
7. A student performed the experiment ‘To establish relationship between weight of a rectangular wooden block lying on a horizontal surface and minimum force requires to just move it using a spring balance’. If the weight of the given wooden block is nearly 200g wt and three known weight of 100g wt each are to be successively places on the wooden block to take three more readings, then which one of the following spring balances, available in the laboratory would you select for the best results in the experiment? It is known that a force of 90g wt is required to just move the block on the surface.
(a) Range 0-100g wt; least count 1.0g wt
(b) Range 0-200g wt; least 2.0g wt
(c) Range 0-250g wt; least count 2.0g wt
(d) Range 0-500g wt; least count 5.0g wt
8. Lost two important precautions which a student should take while determining the boiling point of water?
9. Samples of rice, potato, tea leaves and arhar dal were taken in four different test tubes A,B,C and D.A few drops of conc. hydrochloric acid were added after adding 2 ml of water in them you will observe pink colour which will confirm metanil yellow adulterant in sample of: (a) Rice (b) potato (c) tea leaves (d) arhar dal
10. (a) Name the crop which can be grown in combination to fish culture (b) Mention the feeding zones of Catla, Rohu, Mrigals, common carp in.
If you have any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will assist you as soon as possible. Class 9 Science Important Questions
If you like these Class 9 Science questions, say Thanks!!!