Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the entrance exam for all the candidates seeking admission in LLB programmes in India. In this article we provide you solved CLAT 2017 sample question papers for download. We will also provide you information on CLAT syllabus, paper pattern & important dates for CLAT 2017 exam.
CLAT 2017 Sample Question papers
Download CLAT Sample Question Paper 1
Download CLAT Answer key of Sample Paper 1
Download CLAT Sample Question Paper 2
Download CLAT Answer of Sample Paper 2
Also Read- How to Prepare for CLAT 2017
CLAT 2017 – Paper Pattern
(a) Maximum Marks : 200
(b) Duration of CLAT-2017 Exam : 02:00 Hours
(c) Multiple-Choice Questions : 200 questions of one mark each
(d) Subject areas with weightage:
- English including Comprehension : 40 Marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs : 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) : 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude : 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning : 40 Marks
(e) Negative Marking : 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
CLAT 2017 – Exam Syllabus
1. English including comprehension: The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
2. General Knowledge and Current Affairs: The General knowledge will be tested on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
3. Mathematics: This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/standard.
4. Legal Aptitude: This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
5. Logical Reasoning: The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
CLAT 2017 – Important Dates
|Starting date for submission of online application form||1st January, 2017 (Sunday)|
|Last date for submission of filled-in online application form||31st March, 2017 (Friday)|
|Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets||From 20th April, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Date of CLAT 2017 Online examination for UG & PG||14th May, 2017 (Sunday), 3 PM to 5 PM|
If you like this article, say Thanks!!!
Also Read: Complete list of India’s Best Law Schools