ICSE Percentage Calculation Pattern- We have found that students are very confused on how ICSE board exams percentage is calculated. That is why, in this article, we will tell how ICSE Class 10 board exams percentage should be calculated. We will also tell you how colleges and companies calculate your board exam percentage.
- 1 How is Class 10th ICSE Board Percentage Calculated
- 2 What ICSE Percentage should I write in Resume
- 3 How do Colleges Calculate ICSE Percentage
- 4 How do Companies Calculate ICSE Percentage
- 5 Study from the best Class 10 teachers and get more marks
- 6 More related readings
How is Class 10th ICSE Board Percentage Calculated
In ICSE Class 10, there are ten subjects. But you have to reduce them into 6 main heads.
- English language and English literature are regarded as only English. English marks are average of these two subjects.
- Biology, Chemistry and physics are regarded as Science
- History and Geography are regarded as Social Science
- Apart from these, other main subjects are Commerce, Hindi/ Regional language (second language) and Math.
Out of these six subjects, while calculating the percentage, you can not skip English marks (it is compulsory) and best four of remaining five subjects. This is also known as the best five system.
Example of Percentage Calculation in ICSE Board
Suppose following are your marks in different subjects
- English- 90
- Hindi- 80
- Math – 95
- Science – 89
- Social Studies -93
- Third Language (6th subject)- 99
Total Marks- 546/600
However since marks in Hindi are lowest, while calculating percentage, we will not include it. So your total marks are
Total Marks – 466/500
Actual ICSE Percentage – 93.2%
Note – The group 3 subjects like technical drawing, physical education, computer applications, cookery, yoga etc can not be included in 5 subjects.
What ICSE Percentage should I write in Resume
In resume, you can write best of five percentage. You should include English marks, while calculating percentage.
How do Colleges Calculate ICSE Percentage
If you are taking science stream after class 10, then the school authorities will include science marks while calculating your class 10 percentage. Coaching centres will ask for individual marks in the subjects concerning them.
For colleges after class 12, they do not care about your class 10 marks. They only ask for class 12 marks.
How do Companies Calculate ICSE Percentage
As far as I know, only IT companies ask you to mention your class 10 marks. Many a times, companies mention the format, in which you have to calculate your percentage. But if nothing is mentioned, then you have to mention percentage based on best of five subjects. You can exclude any one subject you want.
Study from the best Class 10 teachers and get more marks
In case of any questions, feel free to write to us in the below given comment section.
If you like this article, say Thanks!