How to Prepare for NEET and Boards- We know that it is not likely to be easy to prepare for 12th Grade board exams and also for NEET at same time. To make it your studies easier we have provided you this article which shows you some ways or patterns that helps you simplify your study.
NEET 2018 exams will be conducted in May. This year it will be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). For being eligible for NEET examination, students are required to clear their 12th Grade exams. Candidates compulsorily should have cleared the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually. Candidates should possess an aggregate of 50%. In 2016, admissions were offered to about 7593 seats in 15% aggregate under All India Quota MBBS through NEET Phase II and All India Pre-Medical Test(NEET Phase I).
The applicants who have passed or going to appear in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Tips to study for NEET along with 12th board exams
Before you start preparing for the exam, candidates should gather the complete information of their subjects. You can compare the exam syllabus with your board syllabus and you will have some extra time to concentrate on the syllabus which is not covered. Candidates should not cover those topics which are not the part of the syllabus.
To get through NEET exam, students should start their preparations while they are pursuing their 11th standard itself.
Study for the harder tests/subjects on starting of your preparations. Don’t study all at once. Review a bit at a time. Concentrate more on the difficult portions of those subjects. Do practice exercises in subjects like math, Statistics, etc,. Do not leave the touch of practicing.
- Prepare a study scheduleCandidates should prepare a good time-table for the exam preparations. Do not include long hours of study period in your time-table. Divide your study equally wherein you can cover the subjects of NEET as well as your academics. Preparing as per the time-table will help you to cover all parts of your courses.
- Have some good study materialsStudents should prepare from the best study NEET books for the examination. Students should also include previous years question papers and sample paper in their study materials. Previous year question papers will help you to get familiar with the exam pattern, types of questions and the weightage of the questions.
- Concentrate on Weaker AreasFocus on your weaker topics. Sometime it happens that students are very strong in one subject & weak in others. You have to work hard & try to solve the weaker topics with the help of your teacher, friends & parents. This will help in overcoming the fear of your weakness effectively.
- Be consistent on your HealthWhile preparing for the exams, you should also take care of your health. With a better health you can concentrate better in your studies. Avoid junk and oily foods and take healthy diet plans. Keep your mind calm without stuffing unnecessary thoughts and fear about exam. All you need to target on is your preparation and be optimistic.
- Practice Online Mock TestIt is better wen you go for the online practice of mock papers. There are many educational websites that gives you the facility of mock test, it helps you crack the NEET exam. Mock Test is available for each & every subject. It will improve your skills, knowledge, performance & your timing as well.
Tips to study 12th Grade Board Exams
- Stick to Your Syllabus Book
These syllabus books are the best ones to practice with. Have you ever noticed the high scoring students always stick to the syllabus textbooks and this is only because they know the true significance of that key to success book. Reference books are good to study but only for those students who want to be a part of competitive exams after 12th class.
- Find your Weak Points
From your pre-boards and class tests papers; look into your answers and find your mistakes. Do a hard work on your mistakes and see that you won’t repeat these mistakes.
- Time Management
This is one of the big factor responsible for marks. Every student should know how to manage their time during exam. Make this preparation more beautiful and smart by applying time management on it
- The Night just Before The Exam
Keep your mind feel relaxed. Be optimistic about your exams. A positive thought can boost your confidence in giving your exam. Sleep earlier as much as possible, and take a long sleep. This will help you to reset your brain and remember the things more accurately at the time of the exam.
Things “To Do” And “Not To Do” On The Exam Day
- Take a healthy sleep of 8 hours. Open up your study stuff and make a quick revise of all the topics in a brief way.
- Do not let your confidence down, when you find something is still to study. Let it be, do not ruin all other topics just because of that single thing.
- You have faced 10th board and that gave you an experience for board exams. Do not ever study just before the exams.
- Leave all your study material at home and go with a free and relaxed mind. Do not talk about the topics with friends, stand alone somewhere and wait for the exam to start. All you need to do at this time is to make yourself more confident and stronger.
The best strategy is to as well as possible, try to know and understand the subject. Studying beforehand helps, as mentioned earlier. You can also ask your teacher for help in explaining any difficult problems or topics. Even better, you can learn from our Vagupu tutors. Check the link given below for more information.
We hope that we have provided you with enough information regarding your preparation of exams. If you still have query, feel free to ask your question in the comment section given below. We will answer it as soon as possible.
If you like this article, say Thanks