IGCSE Grade 9 Study Tips- This article gives you some IGCSE Grade 9 Study Tips which helps you score distinction in your grade 9 with the tips suggested. Getting distinction is not as difficult as you might have thought. By following these tips, you will be able to excel in all grade 9 subjects.
How to get distinction in Grade 9
Start your preparations for IGCSE examinations by the help of this article which serves you with the preparation tips, tips to choose the best courses for your IGCSE exam. For students who are yet to start their Grade 9 and are here to seek grade 9 subject choice help then you are in the right place.
Well, this part lies focus more on the school that you are studying/aiming to study in. You have the choice, but the most obvious choices are as follows:-
- Commerce group (Compulsories + Business, Economics, Commerce/Accounts/Both)
- Medical group (Compulsories + Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Engineering (Compulsories, Physics, Chemistry, in some cases Computers/ICT)
- Math (how ever most schools give Add Math as an optional subject)
Apart from these, many ‘optional’ subjects are available like Sociology, Environmental Management, Add Maths, Commerce, World History, Combined Sciences etc.
Be that as it may, with these decisions comes the “more” important component of ‘what to pick’. Kindly don’t pick each subject that you can think of. It’s genuinely the most awful decision. Pick the subjects you have a enthusiasm in. In case that you have the abililty for Geography and feel you can get a handle on the ideas and advantage from a subject relating to Geography, you may add Environmental Management to your count or if you are sure that you’re selecting Engineering the future, then Add Math to it, its more like a compulsory subject for you.
A’s are helpful just and only in case you’re applying abroad, the US specifically. While it’s praiseworthy that the Grade 9 outcomes make about just 20-30% of your academics half of the application, and the Academic’s so acclaimed “half” itself is scarcely around 30% (barring your SAT scores).
In case you would want to take up, say, Engineering, you can run with Physics, Chemistry, Additional Math. Indeed, even Computers is not required at the Grade 9’s, however keeping it is an additional in addition to point. In the event that you are in for an extra A, you may take up another subject of your interest. A typical Grade 9’s Engineering located students subject of premium is Biology, Bio-Technology and Genetic Engineering is a subject of unbelievable scope ahead and has a brilliant future.
Apart from these, you can opt for second and third languages. French is very easy to learn and is highly regarded by the Universities abroad. Universities abroad and now here, give a weight-age to the proficiency in understanding and speaking languages apart from English. Spanish, German, Chinese and French are great options.
IGCSE Grade 9 Self Study Tips
You should study on an average 130 hours for each Grade 9 subject.
- Allocate enough number of hours each day/ week in your calendar for each subject. This should depend on how much time is left.
- Thoroughly go through the syllabus of each subject. You should understand the objectives and assessments on which you will be examined about in the exam. The syllabus will also outline the number of Papers.
- Learn from various sources and methods. First study from your textbooks and then research the same on internet. Youtube also has good videos on various topics. You can also refer reference books mentioned in the syllabus.
- This is important- know what the examiners need to see in your answer. What are the scoring points. You should read the examiner reports of all past year papers. Here you will learn the mistakes to avoid.
- Do the past papers. 10 past year papers are more than enough.
- Mark your doubts, in case of any ambiguity contact your teachers or post here we will assist you with the best IGCSE tutors.
Grade 9 Maths and Additional Maths Study Tips
These two require something beyond the fundamental learning. The more practice you have, the happier you are thoughtfully. Extra Math is typically a feared subject since individuals don’t practice it well and it’s a major bounce from Grade 9 Math to Additional Math. It’s simple, and less demanding to score in than Grade 9 Math. Ensure you practice loads. Once you’ve done with the books, come to past papers and attempt them honestly. The more you practice, the more you gain confidence, the easier the paper for you to score.
IGCSE Grade 9 Physics, Chemistry and Biology Study Tips
- Make sure your conceptual learning is given the 100%
- Some part, formulae, names of stuff, bond type etc need to be memorized, but you must know what is formed if compound X is added in compound Y not because you learnt it from the book, but because you’re analyzing the chain reaction.
- Past papers. The past 5 years adding onto our online tutoring sessions are more than enough.
- MCQs, the part most taken for granted and go ‘less’ prepared as they feel are easier, are actually the toughest and decide your grade.
- Chemistry and Physics ATP are the most scoring papers in the trio. Make sure you get 100% in these as it’s literally nothing, and a standardised pattern with different values as such is follows.
Grade 9 Commerce Study Tips
This is perhaps one of the easiest Grade 9 subjects.
Do the past 8 years of Paper 2 past papers and at least 10 years of Paper 1 past papers since the questions very often repeat from the old papers in Paper 1 and obtaining a high mark in paper 1 is essential for an A grade.
Grade 9 English Language Study Tips
- You might have heard this thousands of times, but it is true. Reading newspapers and books improves your grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure. Read up on the recent Medical issues, economical problems etc. You’ll have no issues answering the Directed Writing part.
- Book reading and general vocabulary is the obvious answer to essay part.
- You must score very high in the paper 2, comprehensions, to get the best marks and A’s. It’s very easy to score in the comprehensions. Do lots of comprehensions as the more the practice, the better you are, despite the older papers not covering the newer requirement of the syllabus.
- You need to do revision papers, write eloquently, and speak grammatically sound English
- Make a practical timetable for your studies. Allocate adequate time for all the subjects. More time for your weaker subjects, but do not ignore your stronger areas.
Grade 9 Subjects
Here is a complete list of Grade 9 subjects available for IGCSE students. Some students have asked us, which is the easiest Grade 9 subject. Answer to this question is, it totally depends on the student only. For one student, English might be the easiest Grade 9 subject, while for others it might be Math. Once you choose the right subjects, it will be very easy to score distinction or Grade A in the exams.
|Syllabus Code||Subject Title||Availability|
|May & June||October & November|
|CIE 1123||English Language||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 2010||Literature in English||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 2134||History (Modern World Affairs)||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 2158||History (World Affairs 1917 – 1991)||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 2210||Computer Science||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 3247||First Language Urdu||Yes||No|
|CIE 3248||Second Language Urdu||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 4024||Mathematics (Syllabus D)||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 4037||Additional Mathematics||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 5014||Environmental Management||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 5096||Human and Social Biology||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 5124||Science (Physics, Chemistry)||N/A||Yes|
|CIE 5125||Science (Physics, Biology)||N/A||Yes|
|CIE 5126||Science (Chemistry, Biology)||N/A||Yes|
|CIE 5129||Combined Science||Yes||Yes|
|CIE 5130||Additional Combined Science||No||Yes|
If you have any question on IGCSE Grade 9 Study Tips for any of the subjects, do let us know in the comment section below. We will try to answer it as soon as possible.
If you like this article about IGCSE Grade 9 Study Tips, say Thanks!!!