Dear CBSE Class 10 English Students,
In this article, we are going to analyse CBSE 2016 Class 10 English exam paper. The question paper is also available for download in pdf format.
The students of class 10 appeared for their English paper on March 15,2016 under the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). English is considered to be one of the most critical and highly difficult papers of the CBSE Class 10 Board Exams. Most of the students felt that all the questions in the paper were easy to understand and very straightforward. They were able to complete their exam well in time; some students completed their paper in about half the allotted time.
- 1 CBSE 2016 Class 10 English Paper
- 2 CBSE 2016 Class 10 English Paper- Complete Analysis
- 3 CBSE 2016 Class 10 English- Difficulty level
- 4 The best way to improve in English exam
- 5 CBSE 2016 Class 10 Grammar paper – Pattern
- 6 CBSE 2016 Class 10 English paper – Topic
- 7 Suggested Reading Class 10 English:
CBSE 2016 Class 10 English Paper
Download CBSE 2016 Class 10 English Paper
CBSE 2016 Class 10 English Paper- Complete Analysis
This is a complete analysis of English paper of class 10 under the Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). In the below data the difficulty parts, the pattern of the paper and the topics have been discussed. Hence go through the below information and help yourself with the necessary information.
CBSE 2016 Class 10 English- Difficulty level
For a change, in this year the CBSE 10th English Paper 2016 didn’t consist of any tricky or highly difficult questions. The majority of questions were easy to understand and straightforward. The questions ranged from different topics within the syllabus and didn’t favour any particular topic or chapter in general. Students were also relieved to find that no questions were asked from outside the syllabus.
In the Grammar Section
Majority of students found the paper to be quite easy, while some complained about grammar section questions to be tricky and difficult to comprehend in general. But despite this, all the students seemed confident about handling this section relatively easily, compared to previous year papers.
The best way to improve in English exam
English cannot be studied in a day, practicing it through writing, reading, listening and speaking is the best way to gain mastery over the language. You must aim to enjoy and your aim of scoring will come true automatically.
- Practice by writing out every answer as writing will help you analyse your grammatical as well as spelling mistakes and help you improve on them.
- One must read the chapters out loud. Doing this will not only help you memorise the answers and important points but also gives you a clearer understanding of the language.
- Do try and write about topics which are trending in the news as it will help you improve your style of writing and learn new terms.
- You can prepare flash cards to remember the names of various authors and characters.
- It is important to read every poem and chapter at least once and answer all the questions given at the end of the chapter/poem.
- Always time yourself while answering the sample papers as it will help you manage time during the exam.
- Do not start a new chapter/topic at the last minute. It’s better to revise the topics/chapters which you have already completed.
CBSE 2016 Class 10 Grammar paper – Pattern
The exam was divided into three sections and their respective marks were divided as follow:
- Section A: Reading (20 marks)
- Section B: Writing and Grammar (25 marks)
- Section C: Literature (25 marks)
CBSE 2016 Class 10 English paper – Topic
|Summative Assessment I & II|
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||25|
|C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||25|
|D||Assessment of Speaking & Listening (ASL)||20|
If you like this article, say Thanks!!!